Great news for all our readers! God bless the Apple company, our iBook 100 Facts About Dolphins is now can be opened in your iPhone (with iOS 8.4 or 9.x). Yippee!!! Gals and Guys, it opens correctly and looks good!
Yippee! We did it! iBook “100 FACTS ABOUT DOLPHINS” is ready and available for your iPad or Mac!!
Title “100 Facts About Dolphins”
Book type: iBook, PDF (only Russian)
Language: English, Russian
Print Length: 122 pages
Book Description: “100 Facts about Dolphins” is a book dedicated to the most famous dolphin of our planet: bottle-nosed dolphin. Are they smart? Are they kind? Are they really give names to each other? How do they give birth and grow their cubs? How do they master to live in water? How do they hunt, what do they eat?
There are more then 100 the best dolphin photographs and more than 100 the most interesting facts about them.
The Book consists of 5 chapters:
1. “Genesis” tells about the hero of the book and its evolution – where, when and how it comes from.
2. “Dolphin Advanced” is a chapter about adaptation to life in water: how do dolphins dive and swim; how do they breathe, and a lot of other wonderful details;
3. “Love and Routine” is about its sexual behavior, features of breeding and growing cubs;
4. “Community & Communication” is a chapter about role of sound in the life of dolphins, their social behavior and hierarchy in the pod, about most important thing in the animals’ life – hunting.
5. “Theory of Mind” is dedicated to issues of dolphin’s mind and intelligence.
We have to admit that we have grown to like dolphins so much that we cannot say goodbye to them. If you also have this feeling and would like to see the continuation of our dolphin project, then we invite you to do this with us.
The next step after the printed book “Being a Dolphin” (in Russian) and the iBook “100 Facts about Dolphins” will be the large interactive “Dolphin Encyclopedia”, with video, sounds, new interesting details and facts, and of course new photographs. And you, dear reader, can help us with this.
If you like this book and you would like to thank the authors with a comment or a small financial contribution, and also support our encyclopedia, you can do this here on our website.
Every little bit helps the “Dolphin Encyclopedia”!
Yay! My mini feature about Black sea bottlenose dolphins in National Geographic Russia (Dec 2014) telling about a dolphin with unusual fate.
As usually with photography by Viktor.
And yes – Black Sea Indigenous – is a title of the piece.
Dolphin. Myths and Reality – this is the theme of our lecture in National Geographic Russia headquarters, which had been held today. We were so happy to meet people, concerned on problems of our environment and interested in nature so deeply.
We only could wish to have such an audience for any our project! They listened attentively, asked a lot of questions.
Read more about the lecture here.