We just received by mail a beautiful catalog with colour photographs. There are winners of one of the most stylish and respected world contests Trierenberg Super Circuit 2018. Viktor Lyagushkin won it again, having received a gold medal in the category “TRUST AND SECURITY” with a photo “Aspiration for light.”
Great news for all our readers! God bless the Apple company, our iBook 100 Facts About Dolphins is now can be opened in your iPhone (with iOS 8.4 or 9.x). Yippee!!! Gals and Guys, it opens correctly and looks good!
In reality modern bottle nosed dolphins do not travel so far on their own, but their stories are strongly connected to humans’ deeds…
The story for our German readers in Unterwasser Magazine #4/15 with outstanding Viktor’s Lyagushkin photography.
Yippee! We did it! iBook “100 FACTS ABOUT DOLPHINS” is ready and available for your iPad or Mac!!
Title “100 Facts About Dolphins”
Book type: iBook, PDF (only Russian)
Language: English, Russian
Print Length: 122 pages
Book Description: “100 Facts about Dolphins” is a book dedicated to the most famous dolphin of our planet: bottle-nosed dolphin. Are they smart? Are they kind? Are they really give names to each other? How do they give birth and grow their cubs? How do they master to live in water? How do they hunt, what do they eat?
There are more then 100 the best dolphin photographs and more than 100 the most interesting facts about them.
The Book consists of 5 chapters:
1. “Genesis” tells about the hero of the book and its evolution – where, when and how it comes from.
2. “Dolphin Advanced” is a chapter about adaptation to life in water: how do dolphins dive and swim; how do they breathe, and a lot of other wonderful details;
3. “Love and Routine” is about its sexual behavior, features of breeding and growing cubs;
4. “Community & Communication” is a chapter about role of sound in the life of dolphins, their social behavior and hierarchy in the pod, about most important thing in the animals’ life – hunting.
5. “Theory of Mind” is dedicated to issues of dolphin’s mind and intelligence.
Marvelous Viktor’s picture of the Black sea bottlenose dolphin is on cover of Asian Diver Magazine issue 2 (137)/15. And a story about afalinas (local name for bottlenose dolphins originated from Greek) by Bogdana Vashchenko “A Glimpse of Hope: Tales From the Black Sea” inside!
Yay! My mini feature about Black sea bottlenose dolphins in National Geographic Russia (Dec 2014) telling about a dolphin with unusual fate.
As usually with photography by Viktor.
And yes – Black Sea Indigenous – is a title of the piece.