The story for our German readers in Unterwasser Magazine #4/15 with outstanding Viktor’s Lyagushkin photography.
Yippee! We did it! iBook “100 FACTS ABOUT DOLPHINS” is ready and available for your iPad or Mac!!
Title “100 Facts About Dolphins”
Book type: iBook, PDF (only Russian)
Language: English, Russian
Print Length: 122 pages
Book Description: “100 Facts about Dolphins” is a book dedicated to the most famous dolphin of our planet: bottle-nosed dolphin. Are they smart? Are they kind? Are they really give names to each other? How do they give birth and grow their cubs? How do they master to live in water? How do they hunt, what do they eat?
There are more then 100 the best dolphin photographs and more than 100 the most interesting facts about them.
The Book consists of 5 chapters:
1. “Genesis” tells about the hero of the book and its evolution – where, when and how it comes from.
2. “Dolphin Advanced” is a chapter about adaptation to life in water: how do dolphins dive and swim; how do they breathe, and a lot of other wonderful details;
3. “Love and Routine” is about its sexual behavior, features of breeding and growing cubs;
4. “Community & Communication” is a chapter about role of sound in the life of dolphins, their social behavior and hierarchy in the pod, about most important thing in the animals’ life – hunting.
5. “Theory of Mind” is dedicated to issues of dolphin’s mind and intelligence.
And this time we have not only good photography, but also a story: How It Was Taken?
You may read the whole story by our friend and great photographer in Michel Braunstein’s blog
This October we had visited the town of Eilat in blossoming Israel during the Eilat Red Sea ShootOut 2013. Thank you all who had attended Viktor’s lecture, we were happy to be there with you and to share our experience.
We were impressed with the high level of Israeli underwater photography, and it’s definitely a feather in David Pilosof’s cap: all this is possible only due to his decades-long activity.
Thank you Pilo and looking forward to seeing you next year!